It is a temporary employment contract, associated with the subsidy granted by Resolution 51/20, of October 27, 2020 by the Cabildo of Gran Canaria with file number “Blue Economy (MINECO – Agreement 2018)” for the development of Actions within the framework of an experimental and comprehensive program of research and economic activities related to the exploitation of insular marine resources (Notification of Resolution 51/20, of October 27, 2020).
The Cabildo of Gran Canaria promotes economic and business activities that contribute to the development of the island. One of the priority objectives is to promote the economic diversification of Gran Canaria, promoting the development of sectors that have strategic advantages: high biodiversity, environmental conditions, geographical location or tax advantages. The purpose of this grant is to finance, within the framework of the development of an experimental and comprehensive program of research and economic activities related to the exploitation of island marine resources, the hiring of staff with experience in project management, who are capable of capturing opportunities for national and international funding, to prepare projects, and to detect groups and entities that can develop demonstration projects in Gran Canaria, supporting them in order to attract them.
What will your duties be?
As a senior Full Stack developer for the Socio-Economic Area, you will perform all the tasks and functions in order to manage and complete the PLOCAN’s data management system (supervised by the person in charge of PLOCAN). In the successive strategic and annual plans it is established that it is necessary to adopt intelligent procedures in information technologies. In particular, a digitization process must be developed and implemented, which will include the complete data cycle and its integration into PLOCAN’s management processes. The final objective of the service will be the design and implementation of an information and data management system. The generated product must take into account the entire data production cycle, from internal work and knowledge flow to monitoring processes and services, including potential interactions with users through cloud computing or new applications of interactive web services, to provide a permanent and more fruitful engagement with users and stakeholders.
You will design, plan and implement the data management, the applications and associated services, including web development related to scientific data; and the integration of these services with third-party services through APIs or SOAP services. In addition, your objective will be the administration, maintenance, design and development of corporate web services and you will give support to projects related to scientific data and to the start-up and monitoring of institutional digital transformation projects.
What kind of profile are we looking for?
We are looking for a professional who has:
- A MECES (Spanish Qualification Framework for Higher Education) level 2 degree in Computing, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications or related degrees (COMPULSORY). A MECES level 3 in Computing or related degrees will be valued.
- Experience in software development in Web environments, in management of software development projects, participation in open source projects and experience in processing and visualizing scientific data related to oceanography, meteorology, Big-data, data science, digital transformation, innovation, visualization or business intelligence will be valued.
- An English level higher than B1 and / or other languages with a level equal to or higher than B1 will be valued.
- Availability to travel.
- Immediate incorporation.
- Personal skills, attitude and commitment will be valued.
What do we offer?
- Experience in the development and implementation of a digitization process that includes the design, planning and implementation of data management, applications and associated services, including web developments related to scientific data; in the integration of these services with third party services through APIs or SOAP services; and in the implementation and monitoring of institutional digital transformation projects.
- Immediate incorporation.
- Full-time contract for work or service as TECHNICIAN (from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.), during a period of approx. 11 months, with the possibility of extension subject to the duration linked to the budget availability of the project. Subject to trial period.
- Salary according to value and budget availability of the projects.
Do you want to work with us?
You can register:
- Through the website of the Canary Islands Employment Service.
- If you meet the requirements, you can also send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLOCAN is an essential initiative for the Canary Islands Government’s strategy in research, development and innovation (R&D); at the service of both the state and the international scientific and technological community. PLOCAN is included in the European coordination and collaboration actions in the marine-maritime field and Blue Growth.
Since 2009, the public consortium PLOCAN, created by the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness and the Government of the Canary Islands, has captured more than 80 projects, which have involved almost a thousand partners from 49 countries and around 1,500 researchers.