It is a temporary employment contract associated with the management of projects in progress and the economic – administrative management of the users who access the facilities of PLOCAN for those projects and accesses that end during the first half of 2024. The need is justified due to the high ratio of projects and grants achieved by the consortium during the present year and the demand for access to the consortium’s facilities, which has significantly increased project management, its economic-financial management and the hiring of staff.
The Economic-Administrative Area is a cross-sectional area of multifunctional nature that enables the Consortium of PLOCAN to achieve its objectives efficiently, both internal and external to the Consortium. It specifically maintains the economic-administrative and staff responsibilities related to the management of assets and the management of general infrastructures of the consortium. It participates in the management of national and international projects, such as the growth of the infrastructure itself, specifically demanding a special workload in aspects related to public procurement in all its phases (including the management of purchases, inventories or reception of materials), management of new equipment, including elements such as conditioning, maintenance, efficient use, access, control, security, etc. The legal components are also of special relevance, both the contractual relationships with our partners and the corresponding interactions with competent authorities in customs matters, administration of the maritime zone, agreements with the public and private sectors, responsibilities towards third parties, etc.
What will your duties be?
The position offered as Senior Technician is defined as staff dedicated to management tasks, different from scientists or technologists, of special qualification. It fundamentally requires mastery of the set of knowledge and techniques related to the functions to be developed and that require demonstrated professional training, as well as the management and coordination of small work groups. Likewise, it carries with it the need for a medium degree of proven and concrete experience / specialization, and that has a delegated and limited decision-making capacity.
The person to be hired will perform functions according to his/her category (Superior Technician), in the field of economic-administrative management, estimating its completion during the first semester of 2024. The person hired will provide support in the economic-administrative management of projects of R+D+i, in the management of hiring of human resources and in the management of projects and users who access the consortium’s facilities, among others.
What kind of profile are we looking for?
We are looking for a professional who has:
- A MECES (Spanish Qualification Framework for Higher Education) level 3 (or higher) in Business Administration and Management, Economics and/or Law (MANDATORY).
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in economic management of R+D+i projects and/or national and international grants and 3 years in his/her university degree (MANDATORY). Experience in public procurement will be valued.
- A medium-high level on basic office management software and accounting programs (MANDATORY). Knowledge and experience in SAP will be valued.
- An English level B1 (COMPULSORY). A higher English level and / or other languages with a level equal to or higher than B1 will be valued.
- Driving licence will be valued.
- Certification in project management, experience in team management and adequacy and capacity for progression, personal skills, attitude and commitment will be valued.
What do we offer?
- Immediate incorporation.
- Contract for work or service as a full-time SENIOR TECHNICIAN (hours from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.), for a period of approx. 36 months, duration linked to budget availability. Subject to trial period.
- Salary according to value and budget availability of the projects.
Do you want to work with us?
You can register:
- Through the website of the Canary Islands Employment Service.
- If you meet the requirements, you can also send your updated CV to email@example.com
PLOCAN is an essential initiative for the Canary Islands Government’s strategy in research, development and innovation (R&D); at the service of both the state and the international scientific and technological community. PLOCAN is included in the European coordination and collaboration actions in the marine-maritime field and Blue Growth.
Since 2009, the public consortium PLOCAN, created by the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness and the Government of the Canary Islands, has captured more than 80 projects, which have involved almost a thousand partners from 49 countries and around 1,500 researchers.