It is a temporary employment contract, associated with the subsidy granted by Resolution 51/20, of October 27, 2020 by the Cabildo of Gran Canaria with file number “Blue Economy (MINECO – Agreement 2018)” for the development of Actions within the framework of an experimental and comprehensive program of research and economic activities related to the exploitation of insular marine resources (Notification of Resolution 51/20, of October 27, 2020).
The Cabildo of Gran Canaria promotes economic and business activities that contribute to the development of the island. One of the priority objectives is to promote the economic diversification of Gran Canaria, promoting the development of sectors that have strategic advantages: high biodiversity, environmental conditions, geographical location or tax advantages. The purpose of this grant is to finance, within the framework of the development of an experimental and comprehensive program of research and economic activities related to the exploitation of island marine resources, the hiring of staff with experience in project management, who are capable of capturing opportunities for national and international funding, to prepare projects, and to detect groups and entities that can develop demonstration projects in Gran Canaria, supporting them in order to attract them.
What will your duties be?
As a senior technician in the Economic-Administrative Area, you will acquire a broad knowledge of the working methods of the entity way, through a practical study of the current status quo of the organization. Among your objectives, you will develop will a critical analysis of the current situation in relation to the access to its facilities, and to propose improvements to increase the capacity of PLOCAN or its users, in order to capture national and international funding opportunities. You will prepare projects and detect groups and entities that can develop demonstration projects in Gran Canaria, supporting them in order to attract them.
You will give support to the technical management of the Economic-Administrative Area through the comprehensive management of user access, including an analysis and proposal of management of access to PLOCAN facilities; the drafting of access protocols; the execution of contracts between the parties; tariff preparation; report to the competent bodies; support in the administrative management of national and international projects and grants (economic and budgetary review, monitoring and modifications, hiring of staff…).
What kind of profile are we looking for?
We are looking for a professional who has:
- A MECES (Spanish Qualification Framework for Higher Education) level 3 degree (COMPULSORY). A MECES Level 3 or higher in Business Administration and Management, Economics or/and Law will be assessed.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in economic-administrative management of national or international projects (MANDATORY). Knowledge in administrative law, advice and support in technical and administrative management of projects, diagnosis of Innovation and Competitiveness, attracting public funding, preparation and presentation of R+D+i funding projects, experience in quality and environment, and document management will be valued.
- An intermediate level of computer skills (MANDATORY). Specialized Excel courses, project management courses and SAP courses will be valued.
- An English and/or other languages level equal to or higher than B1 will be valued.
What do we offer?
- Experience in diagnosis of Innovation, Competitiveness and R&D&i management; in preparing and managing national and international projects and in capturing funding opportunities at a national and international level; in the field of R&D&i and technology within the marine-maritime sector.
- Immediate incorporation.
- Full-time contract for work or service as SENIOR TECHNICIAN (from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.), during a period of approx. 12 months, duration linked to budget availability. Subject to trial period.
- Salary according to value and budget availability of the projects.
Do you want to work with us?
You can register:
- Through the website of the Canary Islands Employment Service.
- If you meet the requirements, you can also send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLOCAN is an essential initiative for the Canary Islands Government’s strategy in research, development and innovation (R&D); at the service of both the state and the international scientific and technological community. PLOCAN is included in the European coordination and collaboration actions in the marine-maritime field and Blue Growth.
Since 2009, the public consortium PLOCAN, created by the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness and the Government of the Canary Islands, has captured more than 80 projects, which have involved almost a thousand partners from 49 countries and around 1,500 researchers.