It is a temporary employment contract, associated with the subsidy granted by Resolution 51/20, of October 27, 2020 by the Cabildo of Gran Canaria with file number “Blue Economy (MINECO – Agreement 2018)” for the development of Actions within the framework of an experimental and comprehensive program of research and economic activities related to the exploitation of insular marine resources (Notification of Resolution 51/20, of October 27, 2020).
The Cabildo of Gran Canaria promotes economic and business activities that contribute to the development of the island. One of the priority objectives is to promote the economic diversification of Gran Canaria, promoting the development of sectors that have strategic advantages: high biodiversity, environmental conditions, geographical location or tax advantages. The purpose of this grant is to finance, within the framework of the development of an experimental and comprehensive program of research and economic activities related to the exploitation of island marine resources, the hiring of staff with experience in project management, who are capable of capturing opportunities for national and international funding, to prepare projects, and to detect groups and entities that can develop demonstration projects in Gran Canaria, supporting them in order to attract them.
What will your duties be?
As a senior technician in the Socio-Economic Area, you will prepare dissemination materials and tools for projects, activities and initiatives; you will collaborate in the promotion of national and international events in which PLOCAN participates, and of training and highly specialized programs. Furthermore, you will support in the writing of news and in the design and management of the website and social media.
What kind of profile are we looking for?
We are looking for a professional who has:
- A MECES (Spanish Qualification Framework for Higher Education) level 2 degree (COMPULSORY). A MECES Level 3 in Sciences, Journalism, Advertising and/or Audiovisual Communication will be assessed.
- Experience in project management, in preparation of R&D&I project proposals, in scientific dissemination, in graphic design, knowledge of technical and administrative management of projects (diagnosis of innovation and competitiveness), experience in quality and environment or in knowledge management and experience in digital marketing (websites, social media, etc) will be valued.
- An intermediate level of computer skills (MANDATORY). Knowledge of WordPress, of video editing tools and a high level of computer skills will be valued.
- An English level higher than B1 and / or other languages with a level equal to or higher than B1 will be valued.
- Communication skills, creativity, teamwork.
What do we offer?
- Experience in the dissemination of projects, initiatives and activities at a national and international level, in the promotion of training and highly specialized programs, and in R&D&i management; in the technological and R&D&i field within the marine-maritime sector.
- Immediate incorporation.
- Full-time contract for work or service as SENIOR TECHNICIAN (from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.), during a period of approx. 11 months, duration linked to budget availability. Subject to trial period.
- Salary according to value and budget availability of the projects.
Do you want to work with us?
You can register:
- Through the website of the Canary Islands Employment Service.
- If you meet the requirements, you can also send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLOCAN is an essential initiative for the Canary Islands Government’s strategy in research, development and innovation (R&D); at the service of both the state and the international scientific and technological community. PLOCAN is included in the European coordination and collaboration actions in the marine-maritime field and Blue Growth.
Since 2009, the public consortium PLOCAN, created by the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness and the Government of the Canary Islands, has captured more than 80 projects, which have involved almost a thousand partners from 49 countries and around 1,500 researchers.