It is a temporary employment contract, associated with the subsidy granted by the Canary Agency for Research, Innovation and Information Society (ACIISI) to the Consortium for the Design, Construction, Equipment and Operation of the Oceanic Platform of the Canary Islands (PLOCAN), for the execution of the project in public R&D equipment and infrastructure called “Expansion of the Electric Infrastructure and Marine-Terrestrial Communications of the Canary Islands Ocean Platform, (BLUELINK)”, with file number EIS 2021_01 PLOCAN, approved by means of the order number 115, of April 5, 2021.
The “BLUELINK” project consists of developing a series of activities ranging from the design, acquisition and installation, to the start-up of electrical and marine-terrestrial communications infrastructures in the maritime-terrestrial public domain area reserved for the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness and entrusted for its management to the PLOCAN Consortium.
The electrical system to be installed is made up of medium and low voltage cabling and will be designed, equipped and dimensioned to evacuate energy on the ground, as well as to transmit data in real time for subsequent processing and analysis in a ground control centre. This function is essential for the test site, because without connection to the electrical grid it is not possible to evacuate the generated energy, nor to experience the effects and incidents that events in the marine environment may induce in the offshore power generation prototypes that will be rehearsed, which is the basic objective of the test site.
What will your duties be?
The person to be hired will be in charge (coordinated and supervised by the person in charge of PLOCAN) of carrying out all the pertinent tasks and functions to execute the project and meet its established objectives on time.
Specifically, he/she will monitor the deployment and start-up of the electrical infrastructure and marine-terrestrial communications and its integration with the PLOCAN infrastructures, the acquisition by the corresponding administrative means of the auxiliary electrical elements and systems to be installed in the infrastructure, the management of the administrative procedures that are required in the corresponding body, as well as preparing and participating in all the communication and dissemination actions of the project, in compliance with the corresponding regulations.
He/She will carry out the coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of the aspects of the project, corresponding to the responsibilities assumed by PLOCAN.
He/She must also assume the scientific, technical and administrative contribution for the adequate execution of the aforementioned project, performing tasks that include, among others:
- To write monitoring reports (including the preparation of the deliverables and required technical documentation) and justification reports required in the project.
- Preparation of the tender documents or minor contracts for the acquisition of goods, services and works, required in the project, as well as the management and control of the administrative processes derived from the hiring.
- Preparation and participation in information sessions, events and presentations that are required throughout the project.
- Management and updating of the content of the project website, intranet and applications, as well as dissemination of results.
- Support and assistance in the services that PLOCAN provides in relation to the testing of devices to be installed on the test site of PLOCAN.
- Support and assistance in case of new electrical installations associated with the existing ones in the electrical and communications infrastructure.
- Support in PRL matters for the coordination and elaboration of procedures, as well as their control and implementation.
- Collaboration in all those other activities that arise from the assigned execution and management activity, and sporadically in all those other activities that arise from the organization’s activity.
What kind of profile are we looking for?
We are looking for a professional who has:
- A MECES (Spanish Qualification Framework for Higher Education) level 2 in Industrial Technical Engineering (MANDATORY). A MECES level 3 (or higher) with a Level 2 MECES degree in Industrial Engineering and Higher Technician in Occupational Risk Prevention will be valued.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in management of projects and works of electrical installations of medium and low voltage, in Health and Safety management, in Environmental Management of projects and works of electrical installations and in processing of energy installations in all their phases (project phase, administrative authorization and commissioning) (MANDATORY). Experience in managing public funding projects, carrying out administrative procedures in public bodies and work experience of at least 5 years in the management and legalization of installation projects will be valued.
- A medium/high level on basic office management software, Presto and Autocad (MANDATORY). Knowledge in GIS Systems will be valued.
- A higher English level than B1 and / or other languages with a level equal to or higher than B1 will be valued.
What do we offer?
- Immediate incorporation.
- Contract for work or service as a full-time SCIENTIST / TECHNOLOGIST (hours from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.) for an approximate period of 13 months, duration linked to the budget availability of the project. Subject to trial period.
- Salary according to value and budget availability of the projects.
Do you want to work with us?
You can register:
- Through the website of the Canary Islands Employment Service.
- If you meet the requirements, you can also send your updated CV to email@example.com
PLOCAN is an essential initiative for the Canary Islands Government’s strategy in research, development and innovation (R&D); at the service of both the state and the international scientific and technological community. PLOCAN is included in the European coordination and collaboration actions in the marine-maritime field and Blue Growth.
Since 2009, the public consortium PLOCAN, created by the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness and the Government of the Canary Islands, has captured more than 80 projects, which have involved almost a thousand partners from 49 countries and around 1,500 researchers.