It is a temporary employment contract, associated with the subsidy granted by Resolution 51/20, of October 27, 2020 by the Cabildo of Gran Canaria with file number “Blue Economy (MINECO – Agreement 2018)” for the development of Actions within the framework of an experimental and comprehensive program of research and economic activities related to the exploitation of insular marine resources (Notification of Resolution 51/20, of October 27, 2020).
The Cabildo of Gran Canaria promotes economic and business activities that contribute to the development of the island. One of the priority objectives is to promote the economic diversification of Gran Canaria, promoting the development of sectors that have strategic advantages: high biodiversity, environmental conditions, geographical location or tax advantages. The purpose of this grant is to finance, within the framework of the development of an experimental and comprehensive program of research and economic activities related to the exploitation of island marine resources, the hiring of staff with experience in project management, who are capable of capturing opportunities for national and international funding, to prepare projects, and to detect groups and entities that can develop demonstration projects in Gran Canaria, supporting them in order to attract them.
What will your duties be?
As a technologist in the Scientific-Technical Area you will give support to the management of administrative and technical procedures (administrative authorizations, environmental impact assessment procedures, processing of new test areas, Sandbox, control of processes associated with the permissions for hydrogen evacuation, energy management, access points and connection to the electricity grid, etc.); you will collaborate in the technical aspects of the occupation of the maritime-terrestrial public domain, connection to the electrical network, environmental evaluation, technical specifications for the acquisition of infrastructures and equipment, support in procedures for the prevention of occupational risks, etc; you will support the process of evaluating the viability of the projects proposed by the users of the infrastructure, mainly for their development in the Test Site; and in the preparation of bid documents related to the tasks to be performed; you will promote, prepare, coordinate and manage national and international scientific-technical projects, interacting with the scientific and business community; and you will participate in national and international committees and working groups, as well as in scientific-technical events (congresses, seminars, etc.).
What kind of profile are we looking for?
We are looking for a professional who has:
- A MECES (Spanish Qualification Framework for Higher Education) level 3 degree (COMPULSORY). A MECES level 3 in Law, Environmental Techniques, or/and Engineering related to energy production will be valued.
- Experience in management of administrative and technical public procedures (administrative authorizations, environmental impact assessment procedures, processing of new test areas, etc.) and in managing European and national R&D&i projects will be valued.
- An intermediate level of computer skills (MANDATORY). Knowledge of information management systems, GIS or similar, will be valued.
- An English level higher than B1 and / or other languages with a level equal to or higher than B1 will be valued.
- Efficiency in bureaucratic management.
- Good organizational skills.
What do we offer?
- Experience in the preparation, coordination and management of scientific-technical projects at national and international level; in preparing bid documents and evaluating the feasibility of projects; and in the management of administrative and technical procedures in the field of R&D &i and technology within the marine-maritime sector.
- Immediate incorporation.
- Full-time contract for work or service as TECHNOLOGIST (from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.), during a period of approx. 11 months, duration linked to budget availability. Subject to trial period.
- Salary according to value and budget availability of the projects.
Do you want to work with us?
You can register:
- Through the website of the Canary Islands Employment Service.
- If you meet the requirements, you can also send your updated CV to email@example.com
PLOCAN is an essential initiative for the Canary Islands Government’s strategy in research, development and innovation (R&D); at the service of both the state and the international scientific and technological community. PLOCAN is included in the European coordination and collaboration actions in the marine-maritime field and Blue Growth.
Since 2009, the public consortium PLOCAN, created by the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness and the Government of the Canary Islands, has captured more than 80 projects, which have involved almost a thousand partners from 49 countries and around 1,500 researchers.