It is a temporary employment contract, associated with the subsidy granted by Resolution 51/20, of October 27, 2020 by the Cabildo of Gran Canaria with file number “Blue Economy (MINECO – Agreement 2018)” for the development of Actions within the framework of an experimental and comprehensive program of research and economic activities related to the exploitation of insular marine resources (Notification of Resolution 51/20, of October 27, 2020).
The Cabildo of Gran Canaria promotes economic and business activities that contribute to the development of the island. One of the priority objectives is to promote the economic diversification of Gran Canaria, promoting the development of sectors that have strategic advantages: high biodiversity, environmental conditions, geographical location or tax advantages. The purpose of this grant is to finance, within the framework of the development of an experimental and comprehensive program of research and economic activities related to the exploitation of island marine resources, the hiring of staff with experience in project management, who are capable of capturing opportunities for national and international funding, to prepare projects, and to detect groups and entities that can develop demonstration projects in Gran Canaria, supporting them in order to attract them.
What will your duties be?
As a technologist in the Scientific-Technical Area you will promote the development of research and innovation projects in the field of marine-maritime energy, trying to promote socio-economic activity related to PLOCAN’s electrical infrastructures; you will boost activities of the marine-terrestrial electrical infrastructure to provide service to actual and new users, looking for new opportunities and areas of action in smart grids, energy accumulation, transformation and/or any other area of services, projects or initiatives that the ICTS could offer in the energy field; you will provide support to ensure the correct operation of the electrical and marine-terrestrial communication infrastructures and all their associated systems, coordinating all the necessary actions to guarantee the safety of the electrical marine and terrestrial installation; you will support in the services that PLOCAN provides in relation to the testing of devices, technologies or concepts related to power generation, including their preparation, operation, maintenance, mitigation of problems and uninstallation; and in the case of new electrical installations associated with those existing in the electrical and communication infrastructure, preparing and implementing work methods as well as safety procedures. In addition, you will write reports to monitor the activity and the necessary justification reports.
What kind of profile are we looking for?
We are looking for a professional who has:
- A MECES (Spanish Qualification Framework for Higher Education) level 3 degree in Industrial Engineering (MANDATORY).
- Experience in project and construction management of medium voltage electrical installations and in publicly funded project management, in health and safety management and in environmental management of electrical installation projects and works, in processing of energy installations in all their phases (project phase, administrative authorization and commissioning) and in project and construction management of underwater power plant installations will be valued.
- An intermediate level of computer skills (MANDATORY).
- An English level higher than B1 and / or other languages with a level equal to or higher than B1 will be valued.
- Efficiency in bureaucratic management, good organizational skills.
- Experience in R&D&i project management in marine environments and in high voltage will be valued.
What do we offer?
- Experience in procedure management for the activity of marine-terrestrial electrical infrastructures and in the field of actions in smart grids, energy accumulation and / or transformation; in the management of services and activities related to testing of devices, technologies or concepts related to power generation; and in the development of research and innovation projects in the field of marine-maritime energy.
- Immediate incorporation.
- Full-time contract for work or service as TECHNOLOGIST (from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.), during a period of approx. 11 months, duration linked to budget availability. Subject to trial period.
- Salary according to value and budget availability of the projects.
Do you want to work with us?
You can register:
- Through the website of the Canary Islands Employment Service.
- If you meet the requirements, you can also send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLOCAN is an essential initiative for the Canary Islands Government’s strategy in research, development and innovation (R&D); at the service of both the state and the international scientific and technological community. PLOCAN is included in the European coordination and collaboration actions in the marine-maritime field and Blue Growth.
Since 2009, the public consortium PLOCAN, created by the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness and the Government of the Canary Islands, has captured more than 80 projects, which have involved almost a thousand partners from 49 countries and around 1,500 researchers.