The WATEREYE project organises a cluster event on ‘Reducing offshore wind O&M costs through innovative solutions’, with the aim to promote collaboration between related EU-funded projects. The event will be held on November 3rd, arising as a perfect space for open discussion while sharing experiences and fostering synergies for future research.
The WATEREYE project aims to develop an integral solution that will allow Wind Farm Operators to accurately predict the need for future maintenance strategy to reduce Operations & Maintenance (O&M) costs and to increase the offshore wind annual energy production. PLOCAN, as WATEREYE project partner, will lead the integration and validation of the developments obtained throughout the project in a relevant environment such as the PLOCAN’s offshore platform, as well as being in charge of the communication and dissemination.
It is well-known that O&M costs are the main cost driver in offshore energy due to the difficult accessibility to the wind-turbines, but also due to the environmental conditions. O&M costs can account for up to 30% of the Levelized Cost of Energy (LCoE) for an offshore wind farm (WF). Furthermore, deployment in deeper waters and farther from shore increases O&M prices.
For that reason, it is of the utmost importance to develop innovative solutions for supplying electricity at cost-effective levels, contributing to attain the expected fall of the LCoE thus ensuring offshore wind approach to non-renewable levels.
Don’t miss the chance to learn about the latest developments and results from some of the most promising EU-funded projects focused on reducing offshore wind O&M costs:
- WATEREYE Project, O&M tools integrating accurate structural health in offshore energy.
- ROMEO Project, Reliable OM decision tools and strategies for high LCoE reduction on Offshore wind.
- MooringSense Project, Mooring system integrity management through monitoring, digital twin and control technologies for cost reduction and increased efficiency.
- FLOTANT Project, Innovative, low cost, low weight and safe floating wind technology optimized for deep water wind sites
- INNTERESTING Project, Innovative Future-Proof Testing Methods for Reliable Critical Components in Wind Turbines.
- ATOMS Project, Auxiliary Towable Operation and Maintenance System for offshore wind towers.
The agenda will be released soon!
Registration is open here.
PROJECT ACRONYM: WATEREYE
PROJECT TITLE: O&M tools integrating accurate structural health in offshore energy
FUNDS: H2020-LC-SC3-2018-2019-2020/ H2020-LC-SC3-2019-RES-TwoStages, grant agreement No. 851207
UE Contribution: 4.709.368,75€
LinkedIn: WATEREYE PROJECT