VIMAS (Underwater Vehicles, Instruments and Machines)
The VIMAS base (Underwater Vehicles, Instruments and Devices) has a multidisciplinary fleet of cutting-edge autonomous ocean platforms and instruments. This is a permanent base of autonomous underwater and surface vehicles, as well as observation vehicles at different depths.
The VIMAS base is equipped with the following vehicles:
- Slocum glider G3 (1000 m.) CTD, DO, TURB and FLU
- Slocum glider G2 (1000 m.) CTD, DO, TURB and FLU
- Seaglider M1 (1000 m.) CTD, DO, TURB and FLU.
- SeaExplorer (700 m.) CTD, DO, TURB, FLU and HC
- Wave Glider (SV2) CTD, DO, MET and PAM
- Sailbuoy CTD, DO, MET, TUR, FLU and HC
- ROV SeaBotix vLBV 950 (950 m.) TEMP, ALTIM, B/W and COL CAM, IMAG SONAR
- ROV BlueROV2 (100 m.) TEMP, COLOR CAM
This base has dedicated mechanical and electronic equipment and tools, as well as workbenches and test tanks.