VIMAS (Underwater Vehicles, Instruments and Machines)
As part of the Multipurpose Offshore Platform, the VIMAS base (Vehicles, Instruments and Submarine Machines) has as main goal to provide a permanent service of Operational Support through a multidisciplinary fleet of cutting-edge autonomous ocean platforms and instruments, to all those activities with needs related to ocean monitoring from the perspective of technological development, marine sciences, training and cooperation with institutions and technology-based companies.
The VIMAS base has the following facilities, capabilities and service portfolio:
- A permanent base of underwater and surface autonomous vehicles.
- Direct, fast and with guarantees access to coastal and open-ocean waters.
- Technical and logistic support for test and operations both in tank, confined and open waters.
- Multidisciplinary and sectorial technological cooperation with institutions and companies.
- Dedicated labs, workshops, boats, control room for testing, setup and repairs.
- Highly spezialized training.
- Slocum glider G3 (1000 m.) CTD, DO, TURB and FLU
- Slocum glider G2 (1000 m.) CTD, DO, TURB and FLU
- Seaglider M1 (1000 m.) CTD, DO, TURB and FLU.
- SeaExplorer (700 m.) CTD, DO, TURB, FLU and HC
- Wave Glider (SV2) CTD, DO, MET and PAM
- Sailbuoy CTD, DO, MET, TUR, FLU and HC
- ROV SeaBotix vLBV 950 (950 m.) TEMP, ALTIM, B/W and COL CAM, IMAG SONAR
- ROV BlueROV2 (100 m.) TEMP, COLOR CAM
- Wet and Dry lab (200 m2)
- Dedicated benches and tooling
- Ballasting area (fresh and target water)
- Storage area
- Control room
- Teaching and meeting rooms
- Transport VAN
- Mission planning and performance.
- Subsystem integration and testing.
- Deployment/Recovery/ Piloting.
- Joining R&D projects with private and public entities.
- Support activities into specific programs and initiatives.
- Glider School.
- Prototype testing.